What is Quit Now Virginia?
Quit Now Virginia provides supported telephone- and web-based tobacco cessation coaching to all Virginias, including cessation medication support, i.e., nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), education, interactive Dashboard, and referral to community resources.
There are easy ways to manage your coaching choices: This service is available for all tobacco/nicotine usage to include cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes, vaping, and smokeless tobacco (snuff, snus, dip, etc.).
- One-on-one coaching sessions with a trained coach by phone, text, or online chat.
- Online group coaching session(s) moderated by a coach, with other program participants.
- Personalized dynamic online dashboard and content to engage in assessments, interactive activities, videos, action steps, articles, and tracking.
- Text messaging program that provides access to coaches and in-the-moment urge management.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (gum or patch) with support from coaches and digital content.
This service is available for all tobacco/nicotine usage to include cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes, vaping, and smokeless tobacco (snuff, snus, dip, etc.).
Quit by Phone
You’ll have someone to talk to who understands what you’re going through. And best of all, calling Quit Now Virginia can double your chances of successfully quitting smoking. The Quitline includes these benefits:
- One-on-one coaching sessions tailored to you, with a focus on your preparation for the quit attempt and long-term success.
- Coach led peer support group sessions.
- Access to resources and materials designed to keep you motivated and prepared for life without smoking or tobacco.
- Advice about support programs available in your community.
- Access to a coach by phone, text, or chat to keep you motivated.
Call the toll-free Quitline: 1-800-QUITNOW (1-800-784-8669).
We understand that quitting can be hard. When you sign up online, you are equipped to succeed with your journey. When you start a coach will help you along the way. The online program includes these benefits:
- You can chat with a coach 1 on 1 online for support specific to you. Coaches are available 24/7 for you to call in.
- You receive a personalized online dashboard that documents your journey and provides resources.
- You have access to online assessment and activities.
- You have access to a live coach to keep you motivated.
What to expect when calling Quit Now Virginia
Who will be on the other end?
- Quit Coaches are available 24/7 to help you through your quit journey. They are well trained, multi- lingual experts that have strong communication skills and will provide you with tips and strategies to be successful in quitting tobacco.
How long will I have to wait to get to a live expert?
- Average wait time to talk to a Quit Coach is 30 seconds.
Do I have to stop using tobacco to talk to a Quit Coach?
- No, you do not have to be tobacco-free to talk to a Quit Coach. During your first call, a Quit Coach will help you set a quit date and give you the tips, and resources needed to begin your journey.
Do I need a referral from my provider to enroll in the program?
- No referral is required to call the Quitline. Coaches are available 24/7 to assist you. You can call whenever is convenient for you.
How much will it cost me?
- Quit Now Virginia is FREE. Nicotine Replacement Therapy is available to qualifying callers.